Wyświetl Pojedyńczy Post
Stary 20-06-2013, 22:36   #2
Baird

Reputacja: 1 Baird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputację
Before noon they arrived to their destination. Palace was biggest structure in town and belonged to Garazzi for centuries, with seven towers, two walls, one outer and two inner each of them thick for three paces it could stand even the attack of the artillery. In the center of castle was located big garden with orange, apple and pear trees that could feed small army there was also well that was using an underground river so castle and his defenders could easily hold for long weeks in case of siege, which already happened in long history of this structure.
One of Garazzi guards opened gate and let them in. Guards went with Prospero to medico, one of the few medics serving at castle.
Medic quaters was actually three rooms in the southern wing of the palace. First and biggest room was Hall of Injuries, where wounded soldiers and sick servants of Garazzi family were given help and treatment. Hall of Injuries was big room, with high ceiling and loads of space between the wall, next to the left wall was row of simple, small windows, each of them lighting bed on the other wall. Between fourth and fifth bed in the hall there were single doors, long corridor behind them lead to Study Room. Study Room was actually library, but specializing in medical books, lists of herbs, instructions for surgery and other useful books like Von Raschel Guide to Diseases could be found there. At the end of Hall of Injuries was double door to Surgery Room, where medics and barber-surgeons treated their patients in more direct way, mostly ending in patient death, but it was common case in hospitals in whole Old World.
Militia-man put Prospero on one of the beds pointed by now serving medic, and as soon as soldiers moved away, old doctore begun his work.
'Make sure he is alright.' Man in plate said to medic. 'He is son of merchant.'
'Si Signore, Burvaldo.' Medic replied.
Knight left the hall, leaving doctor alone with the boy, Burvaldo knew he can trust in doctor Valeriozo, he helped many of his man and was know as good madic, not some bloodthirsty maniac.

Two days later, Prospero woke up at Hall of Injuries. He felt alright, surprisingly well.
'Ah, I see you're already awake.' Old medician came through the doors and said to him.
'Who are you?' Prospero wasn't sure if he could trust this man.
'My name is Vincenzo Valeriozo, I'm a medico for Lorenzo Garazzi.' Doctor was dressed in long black robe and white mask with long beak.
'Where am I?' Prospero asked unsure.
'Right now you are at the hospital wing of my lord palace, hall if injuries.' Doctor replied and came closer to little table. Prospero could see some bottles standing on that table. Doctor begun some preparations.
'How did I get here? Last thing I remember was this...' Prospero grabed his head, he felt great pain in his forhead, and arm as soon as he lift it. 'My head, and my arm are killing me.'
'Stay calm, your stiches are still fresh, it would be better if you would stay in bed for a while.'
'I can't. I had to bring something to the palace. Where is my shipment?'
'Don't bother yourself with it now, if I am correct, it was taken to Tessuto in the same time when you was brought here, and if I know Fabrizio, he already cut most of it in last two days.
'How long I was sleeping? Two days?'
'Yes, but you was lucky it wasn't deep wound, little bit to the left and I would not be able to do more than just call priest of Morr.'
'Grazie signore Valeriozo for your custom, but I have to finish my buissnes here with your patron, so can I leave bed now?'
'Bene. Just let me check on your stiches.' Medic removed old bandages, thin black strings were holing together two, now slighly more red then usual sides of Prospero arm and stomach.
'Seems to be healing well.' Medic sniffed both wounds. 'Smells also correct. You will live.' Vincenzo said with smile and began wrapping boy in fresh bandages.
When doctor finished, he passed Prospero glass of liquid in color of fresh lemones, slighly green drink.
'Drink it, it will heal you faster.' Prospero took a good, big sip. Drink had sweet taste but also slightly sour.
'What is it.' He asked when finished the glass.
'Just a mix of herbs and weeds with limones, great to heal small wounds.' Medic replied and took glass from Prospero. 'I will give you a bottle of it, I advice you drink one small glass in the morning and one before you go to sleep, it will also release you from pain you will feel in next days.'
Prospero tried to stand up, pain he felt before wasn't so bad now, just little bit annoying. Ardiente reached for his clothes, which in his sleep were washed and carefully put on the chair next to bed. When he lifted his shirt he saw that this wasn't the same clothes he was wearing when attacked.
'Where are my old clothes?' He asked medic before he left.'
'Miss Florenze ordered to throw them away as they were blooded and brought you this, she was coming to see you when you was asleep since she heard that you are here.' Doctor replied and went to hall of studies.
Prospero dressed himself and soon after, when he was ready, he left the hall too.

Prospero was walking around palace of Garazzi family, when he came across two man wearing black coats. One of the robed mans was strong build, second one was small, lower even than Prospero father. Young Ardiente stopped for a minute. This two had not seen him yet as they were busy talking with each others.
'Soon whole Tilea will be united again brother, but this time on other rules, our rules.'
'Only if Lorenzo does what brotherhood told him to do.'
'What kind of fool would not? Giving his daughter in exchange for secure land and peace. Of course she is going to marry Ravola.
'And what if she dosn't say yes? Brotherhood always had problem with overseeing human factor in their plans.'
'Do you dare to question their ways brother?'
'Of course not, brother. I'm just saying, that we should prepare some back up plan.'
'Let head master worry about it. We have our part to do.'
'You are right. Our master is smart and voice of the Enlighted One is strong in him.'
Suddenly hooded mans stopped, they seemed to spot Prospero walking at the balcony above them. One of them looked at boy and blessed his friend with symbol of Sigmar cross.
'May the blessing of Sigmar be upon you. Brother.' When black monk finished the blessing, Prospero saw ring on his finger, white and black skull. Monks walked their own way and soon Prospero went his.
Prospero tried to understand what this so called monks were talking about, but only part he understood, was fact that Florenze is getting married soon.

When wandering hallways, Prospero didn't knew to who he should talk about the silk he brought, could he could return home, was his client satisfied? So many questions needed answers. Finally he decided to ask one of the maids about tailor quaters, as merchendise was in his hands now.
Young servant lead Prospero to tailor quater. Boy was checking her carefully, she was good looking, black haired girl.
Garazzi personal tailor, Fabrizio Tessuto, was one of the best tailors in whole Remas, or even in entire Tilea. When Prospero entered the room, he saw how Fabrizio was measuring young lady. Ardiente flushed immediately because girl was wearing only her underskirt. Prospero knew her from seeing, but never spoken with her, except few greetings in the chapal and parties where he was with his parent and she was with her family and few dozens of bodyguards, so boy never had a chance to talk with her in more direct way. Florenze Garazzi, because that was her name, was beautiful young woman with heart shaped face, round hips and long, gently fadind blood red hairs that looked like a sea or fire at back of her head. Florenze partial nudity wasn't a reason why he blushed, as he had seen much more naked girls in the past, reason why Ardiente got red was much more complicated, he had long time crush on her since he was fourteen.
Prospero remembred their first meeting, it was at Florenze birthday party, three years ago. Lorenzo Garazzi was funding this parties since Florenze was five years old, but members of Ardiente family gained invitation just few years back when Remus made good deal, and Lorenzo heard about him, from that time, merchant keep close eye on Ardiente family members. Prospero wasn't sure if Florenze knew about his feelings, nor if she felt anything to him apart from standard courtesy.
'What means this interruption?!' Fabrizio asked the maid very annoyed, not paying
attention to Prospero who was standing behind her.
'I'm sorry master Tessuto but this young gentleman says he have some bussiness with silk that came two days ago.'
'What with it? Can't he see that Fabrizio is very busy because he was very late. How unrespectful of you to let Fabrizio wait for paint for his masterpice.' Fabrizio measured Florenze again, still talking to maid. 'Tell him that Fabrizio is pleased with this new fabric, much better than last one but only fool gives Fabrizio week for work, Fabrizio would not pay you anything if you would work for him.'
Prospero noted green scraps of all many fabrics. This must have been some previous dresses. He though.
'You should be grateful that you even have them. Our captain had to fight with pirates on his way here!' Prospero immediately replied angrily, he didn't liked Fabrizio lack of respect for his and Al-Musaf work.
'How dare you speak to Fabrizio like that, you...' Tailor was looking for right word. '...You venditore!'
This was big insult for Prospero because his family wasn't just some tradesman’s, Ardiente had whole flotilla of trading ships, over dozen warehouses and not small fortune, despite the fact that Ardiente's were not Tilean house. Prospero grand grand father escaped from Estalia in time of civil war and came to Remas. From that time many had changed, but to call member of Ardiente family a vendor, was like calling great elven dragons, lizards, big mistake, especially since Remus had trading connections with people all over Old World, Araby and even elves of Ulthuan, and one day this business empire would belong to Prospero. That was one of the reasons why boy had already took care of some smaller trades.
'I'm glad for your help with my dress signore Prospero.' So far quiet Florenze now interrupted little dispute. 'And that's terrible thing to hear that pirates dared to attack ships with Remas bandiera, I hope your ship is intact.' Florenze smiled to young merchant.
'Ship didn't had Remas flag on it, it was...' Prospero looked for right words, so Florenze would understand that not all captains serving in his father fleet were Remans, most of them would rather proudly call themselves pirates. 'It was freelance captian.' He finished. 'Ship will have to stay in docks for at least a week. But dark elves don't care who they attack, if that ship would be using Remas bandiera they would not give up so easilly.
'In that case I hope to meet your brave captain at Great Ball, I'm sure you will not disappoint me and bring him with you, Prospero.'
'Mi dispiace, but I can't fulfill this promise. I wasn't invited to your ceremony this year.'
'That's inexcusable, as soon as I finish here I will do something about it!' Florenze replied calmly, like true lady and smiled again.'
'Thank you my lady.' Prospero replied, for a short moment he and Florenze were looking each other straight in the eyes, but than Fabrizio interrupted them. 'We finished for today.'
'Very well then, would you like to accompany me to my father study room, I want to explain this oversight.' Florenze asked Prospero.
'It will be my pleasure.' He replied. Prospero stood there for a moment watching Florenze walking down from the small ladder than she walked behind a thick blue curtain to change clothes.
Florenze continued speaking to Prospero while she dressed.
'Signore Prospero, I've heard that you was injured while delivering this silk, are you fine now.'
'Si Florenze. If I can call you that.'
'Of course you can.' She replied.
'Than you call me just Prospero, Florenze.' He said with little smile.
'Alright, Prospero, so how are your wound now.'
'Much better, thank you for your concern, your medic made a really good job.'
'Yes, my father alwasys hires best man money can buy.'
'I've heard about it.' Prospero paused for a moment. 'Florenze do you know about this strange monks in black robes walking aroung your home?'
'Father said that they are ambassadors of his powerful partner in the Empire, but I don't ask my father about bussiness.'
'I understand. Sometimes woman just shoudn't ask about their fathers or husbands bussiness.'
'I can assure you Prospero, some woman can do better bussiness than man do.'
'Maybe you are right Florenze, I hope your husband will allow you to help him in his matters.'
'I would like that too.' Florenze left the curtain, now dressed in red dress, her hair still waving freelly, she came to Prospero and stood back to him. 'Can you do me?' She asked grabbing her hair and revealing zipper on her back.
'With pleasure.' Prospero replied and zipped her slowly, carefully watching to not scratch her skin. He could see gooseskin on her neck and arms as his hand moved up, Florenze was shaking a little bit. When he finished she looked at him with blush on her cheeks.
'We can go now.' She said and they left tailor quater.
Prospero and Florenze were walking through garden inside castle named Garden of Myrmidia, It didn't took long for them to reach study room, they talked all the time, it seemed like none of them wants to finish their converstion, as they had no idea when they will talk again. Finally when they reached thier destination, Florenze asked Prospero to wait outside while she walked into her fathr study. Despite the fact that doors to library were made of thick oak wood, Prospero still could hear muted quarrels, most of it was Florenze cry. Finally young lady left her father study and turned to aiting Prospero.
'All set, you and your family is very welcome to my party, please take this invitation.' Girl passed him the scroll.
'I'm honored my lady.' Prospero reached for it.
'But promise you will bring this brave captain with you.' She holded invitations tight till he not promised.
'I give you my word.' Prospero replied with smile and took scroll from Florenze.
After Florenze, room left her father. Tall gentleman with a shaved face and medium length, brown hairs, he wore long blue robe embroidered with gold thread and hat in the same patterns. On his chest swing three gold necklaces and his fingers were decorated with expensive gold rings stunned with expensive stones, one of the rings had skull curved on it. Prospero recognized it, as the same piece of jewellary mysterious monks were wearing.
Lorenzo Garazzi was not only general of the biggest fleet in Tilea and most powerful Merchant Prince in region but also, leader of city council and chosen triumvirate. Triumvirates were three members of the council of fifty, which is form of senate in Remas, but it members are from merchant, not noble families. Lorenzo and other two triumvirates have deciding voices in city politics, both in and outside Remas, for next year till new ones are chosen. It happend very often, that when war liking prince became triumvirate, Remas would go to war with other town, while, when in the years of peace and art loving triumvirates, city would restore old buildings and order best artist to build something new. Lorenze was chosen triumvirate for a fifth year in a row, rare succes that havn't happend in council history before, and as such, he was swore protector of the city.
'And you must be young Ardiente.' Lorenzo begun, his voice was very low. 'I heard so much about you.'
'I hope that you heard only good things messere.' Prospero replied with smile.
Lorenzo put his hand on Prospero healthy arm. '
'I've heard about your adventure while you was coming here, I hope you are feeling better now.'
'Si signore, I do. I'm glad i was able to help you and Florenze, don't worry about my wounds.'
'Good to hear it Prospero, we may do more bussiness in the future, you are clever boy. Thank your father for his help, messere Tessuo would kill himself if you would not help us.'
'I will signore.' Prospero replied with smile and bowed to man.
'Florenze would you be so nice and accompany our guest to main gate now I have more important tasks to do, there are reports about corsairs I need to see, but you have no reason to be afraid.'
Lorenzo kissed his daughter in the forehead and shaked Prospero hand. Ardiente could now clearly see that Lorenzo was wearing ring with skull, divided into two, one side white, other black. Lorenzo left young couple and he dissapeared behind the corner soon after, echo of his shoes still was heard.
'I guess I should go now.' Prospero began. 'But I really hate to say goodbye.'
'We don't have to take leave now, I have to visit jeweler soon.' Florenze paused and gathered words. 'So if you would like to accompany me Prospero. For my safety of course. I would be grateful.'
'Of course.' Prospero replied. 'For safety, milady.' Prospero bowed, he was hoping for further conversation with Florenze.
'Please, just Florenze.'