Wyświetl Pojedyńczy Post
Stary 20-06-2013, 21:37   #3
Baird

Reputacja: 1 Baird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputacjęBaird ma wspaniałą reputację
Prospero woke up in the middle of a night, he had terrifying nightmare. In his dream, he saw great fire thriving his house. Prospero was on one side of the burning doors locked inside the inferno while rest of his family was on the other side. Suddenly big wooden beam holding ceiling fell right on him, lucky he was able to jump in time. Next thing he remembered from the dream was that he was running on water in time of storm but big wave throwed him into the deep. He was drowning, losing his breath and than he woke up, all sweating and breathing heavily. Unable to fall asleep again, he decide to go to part of the house called piazza del casa. Small square used by Prospero, and house guards to train their skills in sword fight, archery and hand to hand combat. Piazza was open space at the back of the house. On one side, at eastern wall there was row of archery targets, on the opposite side stood three dummies for sword practice, in the middle, open space with sand arena which boundaries were marked by white chalk. Prospero grabbed one of the practice swords, he preferred blade over any other weapon, including very popular in Tilea, crossbow. For Prospero using range weapon, seemed like cheating, maybe because his father read him many stories about civalric knights, maybe becuse he already saw how damage dealt by crossbow looks at time of his anatomy studies, reasons were many. It was also on anatomy classes where Prospero read Leonardo notest about seven places in human body which damaged would cause instant death. Despite his knowledge, Prospero didn't wanted to use this methods, but if the situation would require it he would kill. He slashed, struck, chopped and hit the dummy, his blows were mighty. He was hitting with such force that dummies started to crack, his practice sword too, so he moved to the next one when he saw that few more hits would destroy them. Ardiente trained not only on dummies, when they couldn't be used anymore, he fought with ghosts from his head acting out fight against several enemies. He was training till dawn until sun greeted him with it light revealing him new day.

When Ibrahim Al-Musaf woke up he dressed himself in his best clothing, long golden robe with diamond pattern in green colors. Followers of Ormazd are forbidden to use motives of animals, plants and Ormazd himself in their art, and by that, most type of decorations in their culture is based on geometrical shapes. It was first time his employers invited him under their roof so he tried to make best impression. He wasn't complaining, he liked Ardiente family, householder Remus was good and generous man who hired Ibrahim when he was at the bottom. Now, after twenty years, humble sailor was captain of beautiful ship and holder of small fortune, yet he missed this thrill he had in his youth when he was simple pirate. Ibrahim spread small decorative carpet on the floor and kneeled on it.
'Ormazd, may your greatnest bless me in this day and allow flame of my life burn for your cause like it did days before. Ormazd is great.'
Al-Musaf touched floor with his forhead. He continued his pray for half an hour, when he finished, he rolled carpet he was using for praying and put it into a chest next to his bed, than captain put on his heavy leather boots with nailed sole and his captain hat. He decorated his fingers with rings. Ibrahim went to the kitchen, he liked generosity of his hosts, but eating breakfast with them would be exaggeration. That's why he decided to eat his first meal of the day with servants. But it was too early, everyone was still sleeping and empty hallways were filled with silence only sound of his heavy, hobnailed boots echoed in the house. Suddenly captain heard noises coming from the square at the back of the house, Al-Musaf headed in that direction. From behind a railing at first floor, made of white marble he saw young Prospero dressed only in his pants sweating and yelling while training below. Prospero took a swing and broke dummy neck, wooden head rolled on the stone in direction of stairs. 'Very good strike sabi.' Captain Al-Musaf clapped his hands while walking down the stairs. 'You have a brawl but do you have a heart?'
'I think I do.' Prospero replied. 'I never run away from my enemies.'
'This only means you have balls.' Ibrahim laughed. 'Heart is what makes you fight. Your family, your honor, your love. They give you heart to fight. Most of time, it's heart that gives you victory, not balls or arms.'
'Than I have it.' Prospero replied coming closer to Ibrahim.
'You are gifted with blade but pure strength is not enough, remember about dexterity, speed and most of all, peace of mind. You will not win any battle if you lose your mind. Best sword-masters never show their feelings, no matter if it's fear or anger. Here let me show you.'
Ibrahim took one of the training swords stocked in a barrel.
'First agility.' Captain took few fast strokes. Each one of them was almost perfectly dodged by Prospero. 'Very good. Yes I see that you have speed as well. Now let's try your skill.'
Ardiente attacked few times, each strike was parried by Ibrahim. Next roles have changed but Prospero wasn't able to parry all strikes and so Al-Musaf hit him in the arm. Pain wasn't great, but gave Ibrahim time and space for more sophisticated move. In the same time he turned around while crouching to end the strike behind boy and hit his left knee. Prospero fell on the ground as soon as he lost balance.
'Not bad, pretty good in fact. I can't teach you about inner peace. Strength, speed or aim can be learned, trained and practiced. But peace of mind is something that each warrior must perfect by himself, inside his heart.'
Ibrahim helped boy to stand up and took his sword next he put both of them back into the barrel.
Prospero grabbed white linen shirt from the bench located next to stairs and put it on his back. Both decided to visit kitchen because Prospero was thirsty after training.
'So.' Captain started. 'Is there something you would like to share?'
'Nothing to be honest, I just couldn't sleep, bad dream that's it.'
'Are you sure sabi?'
'Yes, don't worry about me.' Prospero took a big sip right from the clay jar full of wine. 'There is something I had to tell you but I forgot about it yesterday.'
'What is it?' Ibrahim asked eager.
'You have been invited to the Great Ball. As additional person to our family.'
Prospero and Captain headed now to boy quarters. Young Ardiente wanted to change clothes before breakfast. They both continued conversation on the way there.
'How I won myself such an honor.' Ibrahim continued confused. 'I'm glad for that, but im not sure if I can go there, it may not be seen well.'
'It's possible that I may have mentioned about your fight with a pirates when I went to one of our clients yesterday, and it happens that this client daughter organizes this ball.'
'Daughter you say.' Ibrahim smiled. 'Is she pretty?' While asking he made a suggestive gesture of woman beats.'
'Very pretty in fact.' Prospero replied laughing.
'Than I hope you take me to that party just to impress her, don't count on me doing any bussiness talk.' Ibrahim said seriously.
'You accept invitation?' Prospero asked unsure.
'I will come with you.' Ibrahim said smiling.
'Grazie.' Prospero replied.
They ended their talk and Prospero went into his room.